Do you dream of a kitchen with updated appliances and marble countertops? Or a bathroom with a walk-in shower and soaking tub? Remodeling your home can be a great way to improve your quality of life and increase the value of your property. But why renovate your home instead of moving to a house that already has what you want?
This blog post will share five reasons — as well as some of the most popular home renovation projects to increase your home's value.
5 Reasons to Remodel vs. Move
#1: You're in the neighborhood you love.
One of the most common questions we hear is: Is it cheaper to renovate or buy a new house? If you love your neighborhood, renovating is a great option. You'll save money on real estate commissions and moving expenses, which can be substantial when buying or selling a home. Plus, you can stay in an area where you already feel at home.
#2: You want to create a home that fits your style.
When you move, you have to live with the new house's layout, floor plan, and decor for months or even years. Renovating allows more flexibility. You can choose any style or design that suits your tastes.
#3: Custom home renovations allow you to create a home that fits your needs and lifestyle.
The possibilities are endless — whether you want to add an extra room for guests, create more storage space, or make rooms more energy efficient — there are so many ways you can customize your living space without having to relocate entirely.
Why Renovate Your Home Rather Than Move?
Click Here to Get Started and Talk to a Design Expert!
#4:Renovating improves your home value.
Renovating is a great way to build equity in your current home, and many upgrades are tax deductible. By remodeling parts of your home that need it most — like its kitchen or bathroom — you'll make it more attractive for you to enjoy and for potential buyers when the time comes for you to sell.
#5: You do not have to wait for the "best time" to sell your house and buy a new home.
The process of selling and buying can take a long time — sometimes months or even years — depending on where you live and how much competition there is for homes in your area. Renovations don't involve selling, so there's no need to wait for the best time to sell (or pay extra fees).
What Upgrades Increase Home Value?
Many upgrades can increase your home's value, but here are some upgrades that will make you more money when you sell your home.
● Kitchen - The kitchen is one of the most essential rooms in any home. New appliances, cabinetry, and countertops are a great way to increase the value of your property.
● Flooring - New flooring can increase your home’s worth by thousands of dollars!
● Bathrooms - Bathrooms, especially spare ones, tend to get overlooked. However, new fixtures and finishes will definitely be desirable if you plan to sell in the near future!
● Curb appeal improvements - Updated siding, garage doors, exterior lighting, and landscaping can all make a big difference in the appearance and value of your home.
● Additional living space - Whether you build a sunroom, screened-in porch, or guest suite, you can boost your property value fast with extra square footage.
● Upgraded lighting - Lighting is one of the easiest ways to increase your home's appeal without breaking the bank. There's no shortage of options, from ceiling fans that keep rooms cool during summer to accent lights that highlight architectural features like crown molding or built-in shelving.
Why Renovate Your Home with Frye Build + Design
Are you ready to renovate? Have you been searching online for "home renovations Greensboro?" Frye Build + Design has helped many homeowners like you bring their dream homes to life through design services, minor renovations, complete remodels, and more.
Transform Your Space with the Talented Design Team at Frye Build + Design!
Contact Us TODAY to Discuss Your Custom Home Renovations.